Ruby Tuesday, Inc. is a leading company in the bar-and-grill category of the U.S. casual dining restaurant industry. From its original location in Knoxville, Tennessee, the Ruby Tuesday chain has grown to more than 700 units in about 40 states primarily in the Southeast, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest. Nearly 500 of the outlets are company owned with the remainder being franchised. Entrees, ranging in price from $6.49 to $16.99, include ribs, chicken, steak, seafood, pasta, burgers, and sandwiches, and the menu also features soups, a salad bar, and desserts. The restaurants also offer food for carry-out via the company's "curb-side to-go" initiative. Ruby Tuesday's relatively small but expanding international operations include about three dozen franchised restaurants in about a dozen countries.

Search

Loading...

Garlic Cheese Biscuits



GARLIC CHEESE BISCUITS
Ruby Tuesday Copycat Recipe

Makes about a Dozen

2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons butter, melted

In a small bowl, combine the flour, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, baking powder, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon bouillon; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.

Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Combine butter with remaining garlic powder; brush over biscuits. Bake 4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm.

5 comments:

  1. I just made these and they're delicious! A perfect biscuit texture! Soooo good!!! And the house smells great!

    Let me tell you what I did differently due to lack of certain ingredients or whatever...I don't think it made a difference. This is just FYI

    1st - I used granulated garlic along with garlic powder. I'm pretty sure they are the same ingredients...just different texture.

    2nd - I did not have butter-flavored shortening so I added about 2-3 tablespoons of butter along with the shortening (I subtracted out 2-3 tbsp of shortening)

    3rd - I used SHARP cheddar shredded

    4th - I used 1.5% milk-fat cultured buttermilk

    5th - I added approx 2-3 tablespoons of dried parsley flakes to the dough after the dough was pretty well mixed.

    6th - I also added about 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes and 1.25 teaspoons of garlic powder to 4 tablespoons of melted butter glaze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those look very dangerous! They remind me of Mexican Cheesecake recipe Iv used. Yummy.

    cheese board & salad bowl

    ReplyDelete
  3. DO U HAVE TO USE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother and I are going to try and make these at home again. Last time we made these they weren't as good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uesday Restaurant Copycat Recipes. Ruby Tuesday, Inc. is a ... nrestaurants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete